“Maybe we could sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like its the weekend now
We could pretend it all the time” – Jack Johnson
There is just simply nothing better than pancakes on the weekend, on a Tuesday, for breakfast, for dinner, or just to cheer you up on a rainy day. Basically – pancakes for the win!!
Recently a friend mentioned she had tried to make banana pancakes and they were a flop, so here I am with a recipe anyone can make. In fact, I even taught Cooper how to make them as well as a flapjack version. You can check out our kitchen escapades on my vlog each week.
How to Make Banana Pancakes:
Gluten free version (normal banana pancakes below)
1 cup gluten free flour
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon Honey
*coconut oil/ butter for greasing the pan.
- Blend the Banana, eggs, and milk together in a blender or using a hand-held stick blender.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat a pan and melt some butter/ coconut oil before spooning in some of the mixture.
- Using the back of a spoon, work the mixture around the pan to create a pancake. Allow to cook before flipping and cooking the other side.
- *Note this mixture is not like a normal pancake batter that you could essentially pour into a pan. It will be a thick sticky consistency, this is because of the gluten free flour. It’s for this reason that you work it around the pan.
- If you’re unsure you can see how cooper does it in my vlog this week. (if he can do it, so can you 😉 )
Normal Banana Pancake Recipe:
2 ripe bananas
2 raw eggs
2 tablespoons of honey
a pinch of salt
150ml water or milk (more or less)
coconut oil or butter for greasing the pan.
- Mash or blend the bananas with the milk and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix to combine. You should have a watery mixture that is not too thick.
- Leave the batter to rest for 15minutes.
- Set a medium frying pan (non-stick is best!) or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. When hot, using a ladle spoon some of the mixture into the pan and cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
Voila! Now the best part, getting creative with the fillings! Anything from sweet to savory. Enjoy it! If you have any hassles with the gluten free recipe, don’t hesitate to get in contact I’m happy to help. Or if there is a recipe you’re after then just shout. 😉
Don’t forget to check out this week’s vlog on my youtube channel ( new one out every Friday) and subscribe to see more of what we get up to in #mamawolfskitchen. If you enjoyed this post and want to receive more recipes and tips from my kitchen then subscribe here: Mamawolfs Kitchen
Love and health,
“Mama Wolf” x