Pumpkin Ice Cream Treat for Halloween
It’s October which means the shopping centres have already taken out their Christmas decorations!? We’re all thinking, well what about Halloween, We’re not ready for Christmas just yet! It also means that here in South Africa we are heading into Summer. I wanted to give you all some Halloween ideas and of course Pumpkin pops up, but because we’re heading into summer I thought something a little different like an ice cream would be more ideal. If you do plan on hosting a Haloween party then this recipe is great for prepping ahead of time, and what a win that we get some veggies into the little ones.
I do realise that not everyone celebrates Halloween, that said, this recipe is still a keeper and something a little different to try out.
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk/cream
- 1 cup full cream goats milk (or any other milk/ milk alternative)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or a vanilla pod sliced down the centre
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of Whiskey/Brandy (this is optional but helps the ice cream to not freeze completely solid)
- In a medium pot, combine the coconut cream, milk, vanilla extract or pod, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger and honey. Bring to the boil and then turn down and allow the flavours to infuse.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and 2 tablespoons of Whiskey/Brandy if you are using.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Pour into a freezer friendly bowl/ ice-cream moulds and place into the freezer.
- Leave for about 6- 8 hours or overnight.
* I like to give it a whisk every 3 hours or so to break down the ice crystals and give it a creamier texture, but it is not completely necessary.
*If you have an ice cream maker you can utilise that, following the instructions on your machine.
Have fun, take pics and share or let me know if you whisked up this treat to share with some friends and family, or any others I’ve posted. I love connecting with you so get in touch or comment below.
Love and health,
“Mama Wolf” x
P.S. If you enjoyed this post and you want to receive more like it, subscribe to my newsletter where I also share healthy tips for living life…naturally.